Superior Quality Pardon Indulgence Crucifix 2
Size: 55 Mm x 35mm
Weight: 10 gr
Made entirely of silver metal
and supplied with an opening ring.
Made in Italy
On the Front of the Pardon Crucifix, above the corpus, are the words “Jesus Nazarenus Rex Judaeorum. ” The English translation is “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.”
On the back of the cross is the Sacred Heart and two inscriptions. The first on the horizontal portion is the prayer of pardon which gives this crucifix its name, "Father, forgive them". On the vertical portion of the back are the words spoken by Jesus to St. Margaret Mary in 1675, "Behold this Heart which has so loved men". At the foot of the cross, also on the back, is the symbol of Mary.
Indulgences of the Pardon Crucifix
These indulgences have been declared upon the Pardon Crucifix by Pope St. Pius X in 1905, and have been approved in the pardon of the living and the souls in Purgatory in 1907. (Never forget to pray for souls in Purgatory!)
- Whoever carries on his person the Pardon Crucifix, may thereby gain an indulgence.
- For devoutly kissing the Crucifix, an indulgence is gained.
- Whoever says one of the following invocations before this crucifix may gain each time an indulgence: “Our Father who art in heaven, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.” “I beg the Blessed Virgin Mary to pray to the Lord our God for me.”
- Whoever, habitually devout to this Crucifix, will fulfill the necessary conditions of Confession and Holy Communion, may gain a Plenary Indulgence on the following feasts: On the feasts of the Five Wounds of our Lord, the Invention of the Holy Cross, the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the Immaculate Conception, and the Seven Sorrows (Dolors) of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Whoever, at the moment of death, fortified with the Sacraments of the Church, or contrite of heart, in the supposition of being unable to receive them, will kiss this Crucifix and ask pardon of God for his sins, and pardon his neighbor, will gain a Plenary Indulgence.
In addition, His Holiness Pope Pius X, has declared that the Indulgence attached to the Pardon Crucifix are applicable to the souls in Purgatory. The Pardon Crucifix is a very powerful "weapon" which the devil must truly hate.